Monday, April 11, 2011

WIP 2: Candy Toy Goukaioh

Finished the GoukaiGalleon today. Once I figured out the type of paint I was going to use and how I was going to paint it, the rest of the model kit came easy. One thing I dislike about minipla candy toys is the fact that if anything happens to the stickers...then you're out of luck. I wish bandai would either give you a spare set or sculpt the detail actually into the plastic...but I realize that will raise the cost of these little model kits *Sigh*

The pain I used was a combination of Gundam Marker and Tamiya Arcylics

I use Tamiya Red
Gundam Marker Black
and a set of Metalic SD Gundam SanGokuden markers...both gold and silver.

I found that Gundam markers can be a bit hard to work with, especially if you're going over wide surfaces. I'll still use the markers however for tiny hard to reach spots...I'll need to go out and buy some paint that I don't have yet, but I may start on Goukai Submarine or Racer next.

No comments:

Post a Comment